Saturday, January 23, 2010

Haiti orphans!!! Such desperate need! I am longing to go be His hands and feet to those children!!!

I dream at night about taking care of these kind of children! I see their little faces and long to give them love, food, clothes, and Jesus! I believe this is what God created me to do, and I want to do everything I can to go!
“The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.” Matthew 9:37
“To lose the chains of injustice and untie the cords of the yoke, to set the oppressed free and break every yoke… to share your food with the hungry and to provide the poor wanderer with shelter – when you see the naked to clothe him… If you do away with the yoke of oppression, with the pointing finger and malicious talk, and if you spend yourselves on behalf of the hungry and satisfy the needs of the oppressed…” Isaiah 58:6-10. To spend myself on behalf of the hungry and satisfy the needs of the oppressed… has always resonated with my heart! It is my deepest desire to do so.
Proverbs 31:8 states to “Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitute. Speak up and judge fairly; defend the rights of the poor and needy.”

It is amazing how my God can take my heart and give it to anyone He wants… and to think that I used to think it was my own! I know I just went to Africa, but there is soo much need in Haiti and He is calling me to help His children! Orphaned, and in total distress beyond what we in America can even imagine! I am in such a stage in life, where I am totally free… and can just leave! Go and help, and do and serve Him in this way in other countries… my only obstacle is finances, and I do not want the enemy to place that in the way of me doing Gods will! The devil could use my pride, or fear, or humble spirit because I know how little I really am! To cause me to not ask, and therefore not go… and I feel that God is calling my heart to those children! To do all I can to show them His love! And I am asking for your support… in any way you can! I understand that we do not all have money to give to those in need/in other countries… I do not! But if you can help in any way, I need to raise 1,600 dollars as soon as I can, so I can go to Haiti. If not I beg for your prayers! Intercession, for Gods will to be done, for people to know His love there and be saved! Their hearts, their nation to turn towards the one true God! I thank you in advance for all your support and help! Once I get there, for only $10 a day I could stay beyond the 1 week. I would love nothing more than to stay as long as they needed and wanted me! I would live at the orphanage with the children for that cost… anything beyond the 1,600 that I could raise would go towards this! How powerful to be His hands and feet to those children! His sons and daughters in distress, needing to know Him and be loved, fed… served! This would be completely tax deductible. We leave Tuesday January 26th, and we are going to the Dinita orphanage.
Verses – James 1:27 says – “Pure and undefiled religion before God the Father is this: to care for orphans and widows in their misfortune (distress) and to keep oneself unstained by the world.”. That is exactly what I am burning to do!
Please help me to passionately obey our God, and partner with me to help those He longs to help….
I thank you soo very much for your support in whatever way you are able! To donate to my trip go to this web site - http://isaiah49.blogspot.com/ - which is the director of Visiting Orphans’ blog. There is a link if you scroll down a little, and just make sure to specify that it is for me ☺. Also on this page you can see some information about the Dinita orphanage which is where we will be!


"If there be any point in which the Christian church ought to keep its fervor at a white heat, it is concerning missions. If there be anything about which we cannot tolerate lukewarmness, it is the matter of sending the gospel to a dying world." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon

No comments:

Post a Comment