Thursday, September 30, 2010

A hippie at heart –

Wild and free… don’t care what anybody thinks! Free to be their real selves! Peace and love, freedom… it’s a beautiful thing! Bare foot, content with little, low maintenance…
It just seems like what “Christians” should be! free, radical for Jesus, wild for our Lord and Savior! Not caring what the world thinks – sooo many verses explain this! Although I do not have dreads (yet), or live exactly like a “hippie” I love and long to adopt their attitude, I am a hippie at heart for Jesus! I admire hippies for their ability to rest, the peace about them… the attitude that I feel Jesus would have had, peaceful, rested, yet passionate, and radical, excited for God and doing His beautiful works! Believing in the Holy Spirit, and God speaking to us through dreams! Believing for healing and miracles ☺ This is what I feel like being a hippie for Jesus looks like! So loving and accepting of others… quick to forgive and help, loving on children in great need the way Jesus did! Firey, passionate lovers of God! Peace love and freedom in Jesus ☺ their open to emotions and feeling things, their about taking a stand and being different than the so confused/frusterated cliché normal person… their open to change and being part of change… so many people are afraid to let God change us! When so often He wants to for our good! To believe in Gods power! Wow He is so much bigger than we act like He is! And Joy! Oh were called to have joy amidst our circumstance, its what makes us different!

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect. 
~ Mark Twain

It all depends on how we look at things, and not how they are in themselves. 
~ Carl Jung

Your mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work unless it's open. 
~ Jordan Maxwell

To gain that which is worth having, it may be necessary to lose everything else - Bernadette Devlin 



Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. 
~ James Arthur Baldwin 



If the truth can be told so as to be understood, it will be believed.
~ Terence McKenna

Just a few verses :) -

John 8:32 
Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.

John 8:36 
So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

2 Corinthians 3:17 
Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

Galatians 5:1 
It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.

Ephesians 3:12 
In him [Christ] and through faith in him we may approach God with freedom and confidence.

Psalm 118:5 
In my anguish I cried to the LORD, and he answered by setting me free.
Psalm 119:32 
I run in the path of your commands, for you have set my heart free.
Psalm 119:45 
I will walk about in freedom, for I have sought out your precepts.

Phil 4:12 - I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation

Eph 3:20 - Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us

1 Corinthians 13 - our God is a God of love!!!

Isaiah 26:3 - You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Isaiah 55:12 - You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace; the mountains and hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands.

Matthew 11: 28-30 - Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.

John 14:27 - Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. *Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

Romans 14:17-19 - For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit, because anyone who serves Christ in this way is pleasing to God and approved by men. *Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification.

John 16:33 - I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.

Joy, Peace, Love, Rest, Radical Jesus… not what men think – the world, but DIFFERENT

No comments:

Post a Comment