Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Confirmation

So when I first heard about the Harvest School of missions in Mozambique I knew it would be an amazing thing to be a part of! Since then I have for one reason or another tried to write it off as not a possibility. I tried to look into other options but the Lord kept drawing me back to Mozambique… And not because it is on the beach… ha ha, its actually going to be there summer time when I am there so its going to upward of 100 degrees during the day and about 90 or more at night… with absolutely no AC at any time! Haha I am a little nervous about sleeping in the heat, seeing as when I was in Haiti we had to sleep with no AC and it was nearly impossible! If you roll to where any part of your body, like one leg touching the other, is touching any other part of your body, you sweat profusely ☺ haha, I am hopeful that the electricity will allow me to use a fan at night, but there is no guarantee of this! So it was definitely the Lord who keps brining my attention back to this school! A few of the reasons I was trying to find other options were ones like, that my closest friend when I was little is getting married, like 10 days after I leave for Africa! And my brother and his wife are having an amazing baby boy (Daniel Steven Thomas!) about 2 weeks after I leave! So I figured that because God values family and friends maybe I should stay! But then I read some verses and read some chapters in Crazy Love, that expressed to me that the most important thing to God is serving Him and His suffering people, and that it requires sacrifice on our part to obey! That we must think of the life to come more than the one were in, and storing treasures in heaven by doing Gods will, and being passionate about the things that His heart is passionate about is so much more important than anything here on this temporary earth! Then one night at Emanate (the young adult group at Grace Center church in Franklin) the teacher talked about the Hedi Baker school that I had been thinking about a lot! And about all the miracles, the healings, the people being saves and the lives being transformed! I knew I had to look more into it! Just hearing about those things got me so excited and I asked the Lord how I could be involved in His great works! And I heard “GO”…. To Mozambique…. Wow! I wanted to go so badly! Then soon after I had a dream that I told my friend I couldn’t be here for her wedding because of the school, and she said it was really okay, and even helped even out the wedding party because she had more brides maids than her man had groomsmen! But when I woke up and talked to my Mom about it I was quickly reminded how she reacted when I asked the date of her wedding earlier in the summer, and she had responded with something like… “Hannah Bates! You have to be in my wedding! You cant run off to Africa and save babies while Im getting married!” hahaha… kinda discouraging for me thinking about telling her… mean while I apply for the school and get accepted! I’ve been working 3 jobs all summer to save up for whatever God had for me next (unfortunately some of this $ had unexpected destinations due to surprises like needing my wisdom teeth removed!). Apparently I wasn’t trusting my God enough to believe in how He gives us dreams for a reason and speaks through them often! I was nervous about telling my friend because I didn’t want to disappoint her! I kept facebooking her, texting her and such saying we should get to gether soon, and I was planning on telling her then… well we are both very busy girls and it didn’t workout for about a month! Finally God got my attention in a dream that basically said if I didn’t get on stuff (telling my friend, confirming with the school… getting my flight scheduled!) then I was going to miss all that He has for me this fall at the school! So realizing this I started calling my friend, and getting things together for my trip! I also asked Him if I was ready for this spiritually, and how I want to know and utilize my spiritual gifts more for His kingdom! He clearly told me that in Mozambique I will learn more about and how to use my spiritual gifts, another tid bit – my Mom has always felt the Lord telling her that prophesy was something God is going to use me for! Sooo…. Next I leave my friend a message telling her to call me soon! The next day I call her again….etc. I’m finally getting ready to leave her a voice mail saying something like, hey I’m going to Africa instead of being in your wedding! Okay bye! Hahaha to my Moms extreme disapproval… I didn’t do that yet ☺. Later that night while I was just getting to sleep… my phone rings! I roll over and see her name… I think…. Well should I answer it?! Im not really in the best of sorts for this kind of conversation! Plus I didn’t have the note I had written to help me say the right things instead of whatever absurd things came to mind! Hahaha, but I felt the Lords peace, and Him saying just answer and I’ll help you… so I did! She led me right into it by saying that she had been soo busy, doing things that she had wanted to do, and that at our age it’s the best time to do these things in our hearts! Haha I was like well yeah! And started telling her about the school… then I told her when it was! Silence for a second… scared Hannah… then overwhelming support from her! Excited for me and telling me that she felt its what God had for me and that she knew I would go back to Africa sometime! Then (the kicker) she says that she was already 2 up on her hubby to be in brides maids so it evens things out! Wow God! Just like you said in my dream…. Huh, turns out God knows what He’s talking about and I should trust Him! hahaha… as many times as He has taught me this, I still need reminding! Then at church a couple days later a friend comes up to ask about my trip to Africa… and says that she really thinks God is going to use my time there to bring out more prphicy in me! Wow! Confirmation couldn’t be stronger ☺. Also the Lord has spoken to me about some healing I need, and made me feel like I would receive more of that in Mozambique, then a friend of mine who has met Heidi Baker tells me that the love of God is so strong in her that when your around her the perfecting, HEALING love of God just exudes and healing simply happens! Wow…. Neadless to say I am very excited about this trip that God has planned for me! And how He has confirmed His will that I go and be changed!

1 comment:

  1. Hannah! I am so excited for you! Praise the Lord!!!!!
    Would you please send me your mailing address? My email is saranne123@aol.com
    I will be praying for you. How amazing. I love the confirmation. He knows our apprehension and fears. He has such a lovely way of showing us where he wants us. We just have to ask.
    Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete